Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 1 - Object with Home Made Switch assignment


Experiment
Those are the materials that I examined to know if it's conductive or not.
Except the rose box and photo frame which I expected to be a conductive metal but proved to be not, all of those would work as a switch. However, I chose to experiment further with my silver charms, and tinfoil.

Development
After a short brainstorming of few ideas, I decided to make a smiling cat with my cat shaped stationary box which I happened to have from back in Seoul.



And, this is my quick prototyping sketch. It seems to look like a smiling cat.
I would arrange LED to shape like the sketch.

Making Circuit
Through Led circuit calculator site, I got a direction how to make my circuit.
As I had a 220 resistance, I replaced 120 to 220 and connected the circuit with switch.
I paired 2 Led with one resistance, and formed a smiling shape on a bread board.






Connected the circuit with my silver charm as a switch, and it works!


Inside the cat box.



Finally I chose to use tinfoil as a switch because it is more convenient to attach to the top of the box and works well.

Finalization
When you grab the head gently, it will smile back to you, the Smiling Catty !





No comments:

Post a Comment